The auction is an important part of our convention. The crafters get a spotlight for their A-game items, enjoy some horsefame, and make some cash, some of which is donated for a good cause, and the collectors of pony items get to compete for unique items they would not be able to get otherwise.
This year, we decided to try a couple of novelties. We hope that both sellers and bidders will like them.
The novelties and the rules consist of five things to keep in mind:
- All accepted lots will be showcased in protected glass cases prior to the auction. This way everyone will be able to give them a closer look and pick the one they want to go for the most.
- All lots must pass a checkup before the auction. Pirated items of any kind, meaning items you have no right to sell, are strictly prohibited. The person caught submitting such an item will receive a lifetime ban on any events hosted by ConventionMachine.
- The seller is eligible to a share of the hammer price for their item to cover their expenses.
- The seller share cannot be above 50% of the hammer price. The remaining revenue is going to the charity picked via vote on RuBronyCon VK page. The seller share amount is not in any way disclosed by the RuBronyCon convention staff. The RuBronyCon’18 convention staff are not eligible to any share of the hammer price for the auction item.
- In case an auction bidder wins an auction item, but is unable to pay up within an hour after the end of the auction, they forfeit the item. In addition, they receive a two-year ban from participating in auctions at any events hosted by ConventionMachine.
So what happens next?
Got an item you want to auction out? We’ve got you covered! To apply, you fill in the form below and attach some photos.
To improve your chances of success, we recommend you to follow these advice:
— Take quality photos of your items and write a good description of your items for showcasing your product during the auction.
— Every lot should be interesting, unique, and aesthetically pleasing.
— Your creation must be family friendly (12+) and must be in compliance with the convention rules.
If your item is still a work in progress at the time of submission, it receives an ‘incomplete‘ mark. All submitted items must be finished by November 10th, 23.59 MSK. Otherwise, your application will be declined.
Now all you have left to do is to fill in the application form: